a-ads.com afterpost

Thursday, May 26, 2016

BTCTap.hol.es - First month after relaunch

Hi all,

My faucet BTCTap was relaunched almost four weeks ago and I wanted to share some stats with you and the further steps.

For you who are new here, I launched a out of the box faucet quite some time ago, but the fun did not last for a long time. I was ripped by bots abusing it and I've lost my first deposited amount I've put on FaucetBox.

So I shut the faucet down but I did not want to give up, so I found another script which I was able to have more control about it. I have then heavily modified it and added some security to it, significant change to my previous script was a threshold I introduced. Not high only 300 satoshis, for now (more on the threshold later in this post.

Summary after 19 days running my new faucet
I think most important part is, I'm not getting ripped anymore. I see a steady and increasing traffic and everything seems to work for me as expected.
Here is a screen from Google Analytics on the traffic:
The peak at the very left side, is still from the old faucet when I got hit by the bots. Re-launch was on the 8th May. Since then you can see an upwards trend. It's not much, but I rather start slow and steady instead of going through the roof not being able to cope with the amount of traffic.

As most of the script is custom made, I've modified my admin panel to see important data. In the admin panel I'm now able to:
  • See total number of users, claims, balances etc.
  • See users who have reached the minimum cashout
  • Claims and cashout per day in a table and a graph
  • Abililty the check every single user how often they've claimed
Here is the graph of the claims per day since the start of the new faucet
 
Also here you can see the very slow start paying under 1k Satoshi a day to up to 3k a day. The average claim per day is around 1200 Satoshi per day.

Here is the cashout graph of the payments done:



 
You can see the average is around 600 Satoshi a day. Which is also perfectly fine for me what I receive back from my Ads shown on the page.

Speaking of the ads, this is still WIP (Work in Progress) to optimize and to maximize the revenues I'm getting. I'm trying out different kind of services and will pick the best.

For now I'm using:
  • A-ads
  • Coinmedia
  • Bitmedia 
My target is to get Mellowads, but for that my traffic and Alexa rank need to increase, but I'm confident it will come with the time.

Now during last weeks I've added couple of addons to my faucet to spicy it a bit and differentiate it from the others.
The first one I did, I've made a very simple coin flip game, where you can bet your gained Satoshis. If you win, you'll get 197% of your bet back, giving a house edge of only 3%.

Second one launched couple of days ago, is a rotator. For now it's a very simple one with on 20+ faucets, but I'm planning to expand it.

Meanwhile I've received another (fourth) payment from a-ads and I'm already half way through for the next one. In summary my faucet is making plus, it's not making me rich, but I am able to cover it's daily costs by the ads shown on my side.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.