a-ads.com afterpost

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

BTCTap.hol.es - 44 days running

Hi all,

After 44 days after the relaunch I would like to give you an update and some numbers how my faucet business is going.

First of all let me show you my custom made admin screen.

 
Let me go through the numbers a bit.

So in 44 days, I've almost reached 300 users, fair enough. I anyway wanted to to have a slot start compared to the first attempt, where I was not able to deal with the pace faucet was going.

In 44 days over 1000 claims have been made totaling almost 80k satoshi. On average the sites gives away close to 2000 satoshi a day. These are my running costs, so my goal is to earn more than the average my faucet is giving out. The second interesting number is the average cashout amount which is about 1.1k satoshi. This is the real cost, as this is the amount of satoshis I'm paying to my visitors.

Interesting is also the cashout/claim ratio which is around 60% at the moment. This mean, 60% of the satoshis claimed are also paid out. Fine for me, more gain for me as an admin.

I've added two games to my faucet, for the users who are bored to wait for the next 12 minutes to claim again. 

Coin Flip
A game some of you may know from other sites like MTV (Not a faucet). Which I see has gained lot of interest and that's why I've added it. It's very simple game, you bet Heads or Tails and then flip the coin. If you win, you'll get back 197% of your original bet. 3% is the house edge. As you can see, the house edge is doing it's thing and I'm already at plus 3.6k satoshi. For me, it's 3.6k less I have to pay, so it's a step into right direction. As you can see there has been bit more than 150 plays until writing this.

Double up
This is something I've released yesterday. It's a game I used to play when I was young. At the grocery stores, there were single player poker machines and if you were able to create a winning hand you were given the opportunity to double up your win. It's a simple game with 52 card deck, where after each bet high or low one card is drawn. If you guessed the correct range you win 200% otherwise you loose. There is 6/13 chance to win it. As card number 7 is not included in the range. The low ranges are cards from Ace to 6 and the high range is from 8 to King. Very simple, very quick. This game has not yet go much attention. The 18 games played so far, were my tests. I hope it will gain more popularity as the site grows.

Here are also some graphs from the admin panel.



You can see, the start was slow and the faucet is gaining some momentum. The red line indicates the average claim amount, which is also seen in the table above. I'm happy to see it growing and I have fingers crossed for the next 45 day period.

As in every post I try to set myself goals and how to make more out of the faucet.

Goals for next month
  • Alexa ranking under 1 million - This will enable me to add Mellowads as advertising partner to my site with the hope of increasing the monetization.
  • Keep an eye on the spending - As long as I can earn more what I'm giving out, I can afford to keep the faucet running. Seems obvious, but unfortunately I've seen many faucets giving out huge amount of satoshis per claim, but they day, as the cannot keep up with their costs. For everything looks fine.
  • Invest time to check other successful long running faucets - It's always good to get some ideas from people successfully running their faucets and learn how to get your own faucet to profit from it.
  • Optimize banner placement - I still think there is lot of potential here to get the banner positions right. As my faucet is still pretty low on traffic, I don't know yet how to proceed with this one and if I should experiment with it. Maybe at the later stage when I get Alexa at 1 million.
  • Decouple from Faucetbox - For now, if you reach the threshold of 300 satoshi, cashout will be enabled to you. I'm bit afraid of changing to direct payments, as what I've read in order to do so, I would need to increase the payment threshold. Not sure how my customers will react to it. I may stick to Faucetbox for a month still. But the idea to switch to direct payments to your BTC wallet is to save the Faucetbox fees. Let's see...
That was it for today, I'm looking forward to see my faucet grow. I think I'm heading into right direction. 44 days is not much, but the fact is, I'm not in loss.

Feel free to visit my faucet at http://btctap.hol.es 

Cheers 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.